Doylestown Hospital is committed to providing the best care to new mothers and babies in a variety of ways. Doylestown Hospital is pleased to meet the needs of new moms by offering all private rooms in our VIA Maternity Center.
- 10 private labor and delivery rooms where mothers give birth and bond with their newborns immediately after birth.
- 22 private post-partum rooms for your stay after your baby is born.
- Healthcare providers include physicians and certified midwives; lactation consultant is available around-the-clock.
- Families are encouraged to "room-in" with their newborns; the Newborn Nursery is also available.
- Nurses provide teaching and support to new parents as they learn to care for their babies.
- An intensive care nursery is onsite for those babies of gestational age 32 weeks or old.
Mother/Baby Couplet Care Program
At Doylestown Hospital, one nurse cares for both mother and baby as part of our Mother/Baby Couplet Program. Each nurse is specially trained in postpartum (after birth) and newborn care. The Couplet Care program allows caregivers to concentrate on the specific needs of you and your baby as a family unit. The nurses will be there to answer your questions and teach you about your baby's development and well-being.
Doylestown Hospital encourages all mothers to consider breastfeeding as the best possible start for your baby. Certified lactation consultants are available in the VIA Maternity Center to help new moms learn the fundamentals of lactation and breastfeeding. Consultants provide support and education as new moms learn to nurse their babies.
Recognized for Excellence in Lactation Care
Doylestown Hospital has received the IBCLC Care Award
in recognition of staffing professionals who hold the prestigious International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC®) certification and providing a lactation program that is available 5-7 days a week for breastfeeding families.
Obstetrical care is provided by our board-certified OB/GYN Physicians, Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) and through the Healthy Beginnings Plus program. Information on all of these providers is available through Doylestown Hospital's PulseLine (215) 345-2121 or at this website under Find a Physician
The Newborn Channel
To prepare families to care for their newborns, the nursing staff provides individualized teaching during your hospital stay. In addition, the hospital offers 24 hour a day educational programming via "The Newborn Channel"TM on our in-room televisions. "The Newborn Channel "TM can be accessed from your home, via the internet.