The Della Penna Pediatric Center – Coming Soon!
Dedicated Pediatric Care, Close to Home
Doylestown Hospital strives to improve the quality of life for all members of the community and provides heartfelt, quality care. We recognize the need for pediatric care close to home, and are pleased to announce that coming late summer, our expert inpatient care will be extended to all ages – including infants, children and adolescents – in the new Carol and Louis Della Penna Pediatric Center of Doylestown Hospital.
Most pediatric visits to Doylestown Hospital are for outpatient, or same-day, procedures. Primarily, our young patients come to us either through the Doylestown Hospital Emergency Department, which sees up to 8,000 pediatric visits annually, or they are referred to the hospital by their pediatrician or family practitioner.
A family-centered environment is an essential element in our philosophy of care.
We provide family-centered care in a compassionate and supportive environment. We consider parents or caregivers as a part of the child’s care team. Pediatricians meet with parents/caregivers to discuss the child’s diagnosis, needs and treatment options. The center provides overnight accommodations for parents (in-room with child) and a play area for siblings.
About the Pediatric Care Center
Located on the 3rd floor of the hospital, the space is warm and welcoming, with colorful artwork and a lively playroom. Board-certified pediatricians will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as nurses trained in pediatric care and who are experienced with the needs and concerns of children and families.
Key program highlights include:
- Secure inpatient pediatric unit with six private rooms and one isolation room
- Specialized staff with board certified pediatricians or pediatric nurse practitioners and pediatric nurses available 24/7
- Clinicians certified in pediatric life support
- Outpatient and inpatient surgical options
- Direct access to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia neonatologists onsite
- Overnight accommodations for parents (in-room with child)
- Expedited access to regional Children’s Hospitals for advanced care needs
- Dedicated pediatric medical equipment and supplies
- Advanced imaging services, including low dose CT scans and 3T MRI designed to reduce stress or anxiety
Services extend beyond the hospital setting to include health and wellness education, and nutrition services and other support services within the community.
Common conditions treated in the Pediatric Care Center include, respiratory problems such as asthma or RSV, dehydration, complications from fever, minor trauma/concussion, sports injuries, pain management, gastrointestinal conditions and more.