To limit the spread of the flu please follow the following respiratory etiquette practices:
- Turn your head to your shirt sleeve to cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or
sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, the CDC recommends that you stay home from
work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- If you are ill and need to go in public, consider wearing a face mask to
prevent cough and sneeze droplets from spreading to others.