In accordance with Pennsylvania
legislation, Doylestown Hospital offers
a Safe Place for Unwanted Babies
- Pennsylvania's Safe Haven law allows parents to legally
and confidentially turn over unwanted infants up to 28
days old to any hospital as an alternative to abandonment.
- Babies can be handed over to any hospital staff member.
As long as the child is unharmed, the parents will not be
asked any questions.
- It is recommended that the parent provide medical information
for the child, but it is not required.
- A baby turned over to a Safe Haven hospital will receive
any necessary medical care.
- The county's children and youth agency will work to find
the baby a loving family through the state's foster
- The individuals leaving the baby at the hospital do not
have to provide any information about themselves.