Doylestown Hospital Cancer Institute, a member of the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Network, began conducting cancer research in 1993 through a Cooperative Protocol Research Program.
The Cancer Institute became a member of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) which is supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and is devoted to the study and cure of cancer.
Clinical trials are the only way knowledge of new, effective treatments for cancer or prevention of cancer can be found. Doylestown Hospital is proud to be able to offer cancer patients the advantage of participating in clinical research and the opportunity to receive the most current therapy that research science has to offer right here in our own community hospital.
Treatment and prevention trials currently active at Doylestown Hospital Cancer Institute and open for our local community are found on this Website.
For more information call Laura B. Heacock, RN, BSN,OCN
Oncology Research Nurse at 215-345-2378 or email
For more information, call Laura B. Heacock, RN, BSN,OCN
Oncology Research Nurse at 215-345-2378 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
BREAST - Adjuvant
* NSABP B-43: Phase III trial comparing Trastuzumab given concurrently with radiation therapy and radiation therapy alone for women with HER2-positive ductal carcinoma in situ resected by lumpectomy.
* NSABP B-47: Randomized Phase III trial of adjuvant therapy comparing chemotherapy alone (6cycles docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide or 4 cycles of doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed biweekly paclitaxel) to chemotherapy plus trastuzumab in women with node positive or high risk node negative HER2 low invasive breast cancer.
* NSABP B-49: A Phase III Clinical Trial Comparing the Combination of Docetaxel Plus Cyclophosphamide to Anthracycline-Based Chemotherapy Regimens for Women with Node-Positive or High-Risk Node-Negative, HER2-Negative Breast Cancer.
* SWOG S1007: Phase III randomized trial standard adjuvant endocrine therapy +/- chemotherapy in patients with 1-3 positive nodes, hormone receptor-positive and HER2 negative breast cancer with recurrence score (RS) of 25 or less (RxPONDER: Rx for Positive Node, Endocrine Responsive breast cancer).
Breast Cancer - Genetics
* U of PA Protocol #376800: Identification and Analysis of Families with Genetic Susceptibility to Cancer.
BREAST - ADVANCED / METASTATIC
* ECOG E3108 - A phase II perspective trial correlating progression free survival with CYP2D6 activity in patients with metastatic breast cancer treated with single agent tamoxifen.
COLON CANCER - PREVENTION:
* NSABP P-5: Statin polyp prevention trial in patients with resected colon cancer.
LUNG - Adjuvant
* ECOG E1505: A Phase III Randomized Trial of Adjuvant Chemotherapy with or Without Bevacizumab for Patients with Completely Resected Stage IB (=4cm) - IIIA Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).
LUNG - Metastatic
* SWOG S0819: A Randomized, Phase III Study Comparing Carboplatin/Paclitaxel or Carboplatin/Paclitaxel/Bevacizumab with or without Concurrent Cetuximab in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).
* SWOG S0931: EVEREST:EVErolimus for renal cancer ensuing surgical therapy, A phase III study. For patients with renal cell cancer following full surgical resection.
* U of PA -Protocol #703123: Inherited Genetic Variation and Predisposition to Testicular Germ Cell.
* SWOG S1117: Phase II randomized study of Azacitidine with vs without Lenalidomide or Vorinostat in pts. with higher-risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes or Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia.
* ECOG E3903; Laboratory study of diagnostic sample collection from pts. with suspected leukemia or related hematologic disorders being considered for ECOG Leukemia treatment clinical trials.
Oncology Research Last Update: December 2012