WHY CHOOSE THE AFib CENTER AT THE RICHARD A. REIF HEART INSITUTE OF DOYLESTOWN HOSPITAL?
Innovation, the use of proven technology and a patient-centered care philosophy make The Heart Institute of Doylestown Hospital a regional leader in cardiac care. When it comes to treating AFib, Doylestown Hospital uses a team approach that relies on the expertise of experienced cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, registered nurses and patient managers.
While dealing with a heart rhythm disorder might seem overwhelming, the team at Doylestown Hospital has implemented a seamless, coordinated process to make it easier for patients. We have developed a comprehensive AFib Center where treatments are tailored to the individual, shaping care in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. Each patient treatment is individually customized and designed to control and eliminate AFib.
For more information on the AFib Center of The Richard A. Reif Heart Institute of
Doylestown Hospital please call 215-345-2850.
John Harding, MD
Robert Sangrigoli, MD
Stephen Sloan, MD
Our experience allows us to do more specialized and complex cases. Our success rates for AFib ablation are comparable to the leading AFib centers across the United States.
- The first catheter based ablation for atrial fibrillation in the Bucks County region was performed at DH in 2002 and electrophysiologists at DH have remained at the forefront of introducing the most state-of-the-art treatments to the Doylestown Community.
- Doylestown Hospital has consistently been a high volume center for AFib ablation for many years, performing approximately 200 AFib ablations this year alone. Research has shown that patients who have their AFib procedure at experienced centers such as DH have less complications and have improved procedural outcomes.
- Since successfully performing the first cryoablation for atrial fibrillation in Bucks County in September 2011, Doylestown Hospital electrophysiologists have placed The Heart Institute among the Top 20 in the United States for the number of cryoablation cases performed.
- As a result our experience and success with the cryoablation procedure, Medtronic, manufacturer of the Arctic Front® cryoablation system, has named Doylestown Hospital a Center of Professional Education. As the only such center in the tri-state region, Doylestown Hospital will be available for physicians wanting to observe a cryoablation case. In addition, Drs. Robert Sangrigoli and John Harding train other physicians from across the country in the use of the system.
- Consistent with our commitment to innovation, we are one of a handful of centers around the country to perform the convergent AFib procedure for patients whose AFib is refractory to current therapies. This procedure utilizes a combination both a surgical and catheter based procedure to improve outcomes in the most difficult to treat cases.
- We offer a variety of treatments for stroke prevention with the newest medications for oral anticoagulation and novel procedures to reduce stroke risk.
- Clinical Trials where enrollment is completed:
- Doylestown Hospital was the first hospital to enroll a patient in the ongoing IRASE AFib (Irrigated Ablation System Evaluation for AFib).
- MDT trial with loop implant for detection of AFib in patients with cryogenic stroke.
- Clinical Trials for AFib open for enrollment:
- Stop AFib PAS Trial (studying the cryoballoon in patients with PAF).
- Thermocool SF trial (studying the novel thermocool SF catheter in ablation of PAF)