The Cancer Institute of Doylestown Hospital is a member of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG), one of the largest clinical cancer research organizations in the United States, and conducts clinical trials in all types of adult cancers. ECOG is funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Doylestown Hospital conducts research and clinical trials in collaboration with the Penn Cancer Network. Our cancer care team is proud to offer local patients the most current opportunities and the convenience of participating in these vitally important cancer research programs close to home.
Larua B. Heacock, RN, BSN, OCN
Oncology Research Nurse
Doylestown Hospital is currently enrolling patients in the following approved oncology protocols:
Breast – Adjuvant
- NSABP B-43: Phase III trial comparing Trastuzumab given concurrently with radiation therapy and radiation therapy alone for women with HER2-positive ductal carcinoma in situ resected by lumpectomy.
- NSABP B-47: Randomized Phase III trial of adjuvant therapy comparing chemotherapy alone (6cycles docetaxel plus cyclophosphamide or 4 cycles of doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed biweekly paclitaxel) to chemotherapy plus trastuzumab in women with node positive or high risk node negative HER2 low invasive breast cancer.
- SWOG S1007: Phase III randomized trial standard adjuvant endocrine therapy +/- chemotherapy in patients with 1-3 positive nodes, hormone receptor-positive and HER2 negative breast cancer with recurrence score (RS) of 25 or less (RxPONDER: Rx for Positive Node, Endocrine Responsive breast cancer)
- SWOG S1202: Women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer who are receiving AIs and report average pain of at least 4 (out of 10) that has started or increase since initiation of AI treatment.
Breast Cancer – Genetics
Lung – Metastatic
- SWOG S0819: A Randomized, Phase III Study Comparing Carboplatin/Paclitaxel or Carboplatin/Paclitaxel/Bevacizumab with or without Concurrent Cetuximab in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- ECOG E1512: A Randomized Phase II trial of Erolotinib, Cabozantinib, or Erolotinib plus Cabozantinib as 2nd and 3rd line therapy in patients with EGFR Wild-Type NSCLC
- SWOG S0931: EVEREST:EVErolimus for renal cancer ensuing surgical therapy, A phase III study. For patients with renal cell cancer following full surgical resection.
- U of PA –Protocol #703123: Inherited Genetic Variation and Predisposition to Testicular Germ Cell
- CALGB C90601: Gemcitabine Hydrochloride and Cisplatin With or Without Bevacizumab in Treating Patients With Advanced Urinary Tract Cancer
- SWOG S1216: A Phase III randomized trial comparing Androgen deprivation therapy + TAK-700 with Androgen deprivation + Bicalutamide in patients with newly diagnosed metastatic hormone sensitive prostate cancer. (Opens October 15, 2013)
- SWOG S1117: Phase II randomized study of Azacitidine with vs without Lenalidomide or Vorinostat in pts. with higher-risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes or Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia.
- ECOG E3903: Laboratory study of diagnostic sample collection from pts. with suspected leukemia or related hematologic disorders being considered for ECOG Leukemia treatment clinical trials.
- ECOG E3612: A randomized phase II trial of Ipilimumab with or without Bevacizumab in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanoma.