Commonly Ordered Tests in Patients with Heart Failure include:
- Laboratory blood work: To check drug levels, chemistry, blood counts, etc.
- Prothrombin Time (INR): To monitor blood thinning from warfarin (Coumadin).
- Chest X-ray: To evaluate fluid in the lungs.
- Echocardiogram: To evaluate how well the heart pumps and valves function.
- Exercise Stress Testing: To evaluate coronary artery blockages.
- Cardiac Catheterization: To evaluate coronary artery blockages, heart pressures and blood flow to vital organs.
- Cardiopulmonary Stress Testing (VO2): To evaluate exercise tolerance and effectiveness of medicines.