Doylestown Hospital is a comprehensive, community-focused healthcare facility serving patients and families in the northern suburban communities of Philadelphia, including Bucks and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania and Hunterdon and Mercer Counties in New Jersey.
Founded in 1923 by the Village Improvement Association (VIA), our energies are always directed toward fulfilling a key phrase in our Mission Statement: to provide a responsive, healing environment. A guiding force behind the founding of Doylestown Hospital, the VIA--which still oversees the governance of the hospital today--recognized the need for public health initiatives and community healthcare services and began with the employment of a Visiting Nurse in 1916. The VIA, together with local medical professionals and the Doylestown community, opened the Doylestown Emergency Hospital, an eight-bed facility, at Pine and Oakland in 1923. Doylestown Hospital is now licensed for 238 beds at the present West State Street facility. The VIA is nationally recognized as the only Women's Club to own and operate a community hospital.
Areas of clinical emphasis now include cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, maternal-child health, emergency medicine, critical care, cancer care, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, orthopedics, gastroenterology, pulmonology, urology, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
The VIA Health System
In addition to the hospital, the VIA Health System comprises: The Doylestown Hospital Surgery Center located at the Health & Wellness Center in Warrington; Pine Run Community and Health Center; Lakeview by Pine Run (an assisted living complex in Doylestown), Visiting Nurse/Home Health and VIA Affiliates.
The mission of Doylestown Hospital is to provide a responsive healing environment for patients and their families, and to improve the quality of life for all members of our community.
In pursuit of this mission, we combine the creative energies of Medical Staff, Board, Associates and Volunteers to make Doylestown Hospital a place where each patient and family feels healed and whole, even when disease cannot be cured.
With the best of tradition and technology, we will contribute to the health of the community we serve.
We assure this mission's fulfillment through constant renewal of the enthusiasm which bonds the members of the hospital family and reinspires their commitment.
Quick Facts About Doylestown Hospital
- Founded in 1923 by the Village Improvement Association (VIA), a Doylestown-based women's civic club that still owns the hospital today
- Regional healthcare leader with 238 licensed beds
- 420 physicians in more than 50 specialty areas
- Member of the Penn Cancer Network
- Certified Chest Pain Center (The Woodall Chest Pain Center)
- Joint Commission-Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced imaging services: 256-slice CT, MRI, PET/CT, Digital Mammography and Coronary CTA
- Outpatient services available in three separate locations including:
- Doylestown Hospital
- The Health & Wellness Center by Doylestown Hospital in Warrington
- The Pavilion, adjacent to the hospital